Tuesday 30 October 2012

Rain and silence



Today all my senses have revolved around the rain which has been falling all day. The wetness I felt as we picked vegetables this morning, moisture running down the back of my neck, clammy wet clothes and soggyness under my feet.  The sky a moving patchwork of different shades of grey as the clouds rolled in from the sea bringing in wave upon wave of rain, sometimes light, sometimes heavy.  The sound of the rain a constant backdrop to everything I did today whether outside or inside.

Darkness fell and suddenly, it seemed, the rain stopped.  It brought me to a stop as well.  Everything seemed to pause as if holding a breath.  I looked at my window and it was as if the dark was holding the silence.

After the silence the frogs and other night creatures began their sounds.  But so far no more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment