Thursday 4 February 2016

Back then


Had a day off today as it was Republic Day.  Bala managed to get the website working so have spent a lot of time working on it.  It is much less clunky than the last one.  I came across this picture of some women from the Rajiv Gandhi home for disabled girls.  This is a picture of their roof top garden which they made after coming to Buddha Garden to learn how to do it.

I was reminded of how much I enjoyed this project.  How bad I felt when the woman who set it up died unexpectedly and it was taken over by her family.  They saw it as no more than a money making venture. It was so sad and showed the necessity of making sure projects like this are properly set up financially.  I often wonder what happened to the women who, when I knew them, were developing very positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment