Friday 5 May 2017

A wonderful moment


This morning we had three students from Udavi school come and join the volunteers.  All three come from the most recent group we have been teaching at the school in the last few months.

We watered the fruit trees in New Horizon where all the trees have been mulched with coconut fibre mat recycled from some mattresses.  One of the students pointed out to me that the matt probably had some glue on it and questioned whether it might be leaching chemicals into the soil.


I was SO pleased to see that he was thinking about what he was doing and had obviously listened to what I had been saying when I was teaching at his school.  I explained that because of the glue I wouldn’t use the mat for vegetables but that for trees it was OK. They grow much slower and can actually help to break down any chemicals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment