Friday 28 July 2017

The visa trip


Today was very tiring as I went to London for the day to apply for my visa.  The place is near Heathrow airport which meant a trip out to Hounslow on the tube and then quite a long walk to the office.

Had a very long animated discussion with the person who dealt with me who said that as a non Indian I could not apply for a five year Entry Visa.  She tried to give me a five year Tourist visa which I know is wrong.  In the end I said I would apply for the five year visa anyway although she made me write a declaration saying that if the visa is not given I will forfeit all of the GBP330 visa fee.  She also said that my photo was too blurry so I had to do another one in their office which was twice the price of everywhere else.  Now I just have to wait and see.


I couldn’t get a train back until after 7.00pm because on Virgin Trains ‘peak time’ is 3.00 – 7.00pm not 5.00 – 6.30pm like it is on most other lines.  I didn’t get back until 10.30pm and got soaked with rain walking back from the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment