Monday 19 August 2013

Different realities

Today I went to the first meeting which is the start of a mediation process between two conflicting groups on one of our farms.  The object of today's meeting was to try and come up with a practical arrangement for the farm; to create a temporary status quo which will not be disturbed while the mediation process takes place. It was very difficult and although progress was made it is going to take another meeting to come up with an agreement.

What struck me were all the different realities that were being expressed.  The mediator was wonderful at acknowledging them and yet trying to go beyond them to move things forward to the needed preliminary decision.  My picture is a visual representation of the energies I saw and felt.  At first I thought I was visually describing the different people, but then I realised that I was describing different realities which didn't necessarily relate to just one person.

I also saw that to bring these energies together cannot be sorted out mentally; they have to be lived and acknowledged. The next step after this is to go beyond them to create a unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment