Friday 29 August 2014

Ganesha's birthday


Got up to find an SMS from Pierre to say that he wasn't coming in to work today. Since it is Ganesh's birthday a lot of people do have the day off, but seeing how things are in the garden I don't think we can afford to take time off now when there is so much to do and the weather is right for a lot of work which we cannot do at other times of the year. Yesterday I had said as much to Sivakala who wanted to have the day off but finally agreed to come and make breakfast. I felt bad that Pierre thought he could just take the day off with no discussion.


And what a breakfast! I had told Sivakala there was no need to make anything special but she did anyway in honour of Ganesh. Fortunately Pierre changed his mind so that we had enough people to do all the necessary jobs. I even managed to finish all the grass cutting after breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment