Thursday 28 August 2014

New glasses and a new project


Felt I had more energy today so this afternoon went into Pondy. The picture shows the new glasses I got to replace the ones that Sam broke while I was in the UK. I didn't want to buy new lenses as I have not had them for very long and they were very expensive. The man in the shop could only find one where the existing frames fitted. At Rs3,500 they were more expensive than I expected but even at Rs13,500 they would be a bargain if I didn't have to pay for new lenses.


While in Pondy I bought some more embroidery silk – some of it very shiny for a hanging that I am going to make for Sam. The idea has been evolving for some time and I intend to buy the material this week so I can make a start next weekend. I'm so glad to have a bit of enthusiasm for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment