Saturday 13 July 2013

Lukki in Europe


I took a picture of these lukki at a Tesco supermarket where Emma and I had gone shopping.  These vegetables, also known as bottle gourd, are ones which we grow in Buddha Garden.  I imagine they are imported for the very large Pakistani population in Manchester.

What amazed me was how they were all more or less the same size.  This is common with supermarket vegetables in the UK that are grown to strict EU rules with regard to size, shape and colour.  I was amazed to see that they had managed to do it with lukki as well.  

How do they do it?  Our lukki in Buddha Garden are all different shapes and sizes and we have never managed to make them grow less individually.  Perhaps a lot have to be discarded to create a pile of them that all look the same as they did in the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment