Saturday 20 July 2013

Where I come from


At the moment I am staying with my sister in Norfolk where I was born and brought up.  The weather is very good and brings out the beauty of a place that is often considered rather boring because it is flat and mostly agricultural with only small pockets of natural woodland.  As a child I lived near some connected water bodies known as 'the broads' which it was thought were originally dug out by the Romans.  Now the broads are used mainly by holiday makers and the picture is taken at a place where holiday makers stop on their leisurely trips around the rivers and lakes of the area.

It is true that the countryside is not very dramatic but I love the wide skies and the sometimes fierce winds which are characteristic of this area.  It breeds a very rugged sort of people which I think serves me well where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment