Monday 1 July 2013

The finger of God


After traveling across Scotland to Mallaig and spending the night there we have come over on the  ferry to Eigg.  We are now staying in a place is called something in Gaelic which means 'the place of the fairies'.  The picture is of a rock formation just behind where we are staying called 'the finger of God' which I think is very appropriate.

The weather has been absolutely horrible with clouds sweeping in from the west bringing wind and rain.  On the boat over I didn't like to go outside because I felt that I would be blown into the sea.  Apparently the weather has been so bad that the ferry could not go to Muck, the next island to 
Eigg, but that is partly because of the harbour which is affected by heavy swells so in bad weather the  ferry can't get near it.

We are now staying in a lovely wood cabin from which we can just about see Rum, another island.  Apparently this is the first time that Rum has been seen at all for a few days because the weather has been so bad.  The sun did come out just as I moved our stuff to the cabin, which I think is a very good omen.


No comments:

Post a Comment