Wednesday 23 July 2014

Dreaming of simplicity


Lesley had got out the art work materials for Charlie so I painted a picture as well.  It expressed very much how I felt with the bright blue of the sky and the verdant green trees being the back drop for my 
confusion.  A mess of undifferentiated and foggy looking colours.

Then I had a dream where I dressed in very simple clothes - made of just tubes of material - where I felt 
very happy.  Using the above picture as a background I created it like this:


I felt so happy in these simple clothes and I think the dream was telling me that I need to strip from 
my life the external things that are not needed and concentrate on the simple things that are. Which
 is not just about material simplicity but emotional and mental simplicity as well.  To find a simple way of being with everything I need.  

The naturalness of the clothes is I think saying something about getting in touch with the instinctual/
natural side of myself which knows how to live in tune with the natural rhythms of life. That I need to get/keep in touch with my natural inner core that is itself in harmony with the rhythms of the natural world.  To find the simplicity in all things, even when trying to sort out complicated issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment