Thursday 3 July 2014

Pollution


Today I have been extremely busy.  Pierre is having a holiday so I was on my own with the volunteers this morning.  After work I had a very long conversation with Jeff which meant I had to get Rajan to take me to Windarra farm where I was meeting with Moorthy to talk about the pollution from the spirulina project.  I just didn’t have time to cycle there.  Then I talked with Hendrik who runs the spirulina project, collected my dried fruit from Anandi and rushed back to Buddha Garden to run the Green group project over lunch.  Then this afternoon I wrote up the notes.

It was an interesting talk about the spirulina project and how to deal with the very polluted water that they create.  The picture is of the brown puddles in many of the ditches around the Windarra farm fields.  I think Hendrik has a lot of goodwill to try and solve the problem but I think we need to get some experts in to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment