Saturday 31 August 2019

20190813 got there eventually


What a day! Got off fine to catch the train in London but went to the first station by bus and got held up because of a diversion on account of a fire in a block of flats.  Then got held up again at Paddington station where I got onto the underground.  I missed my train by about two minutes.

Found out afterwards that I could have changed the time of the train and saved some money.  As it was I had to go back to Paddington and get another cheaper ticket from there.

Arrived quite early compared to everyone else so decided I would get a bus from Exeter to the hostel.  Spent ages in Exeter getting lost and trying to get the right bus.  I walked and walked pulling that wretched bag everywhere.

Eventually made it and very glad to see everyone.  Especially as there was a meal ready when I arrived.

Perhaps not surprisingly I don't have a suitable picture that encapsulates all those adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment