Monday 28 October 2013

New red shoots


After a very heavy shower over the weekend I finally had enough time to go and look at the new pond.  I thought it would be much more full and I wanted to see what the new terrace looked like.  It was very disappointing as the pond looks as if the bottom is only just covered with water and the terrace looks horribly muddy and soggy.  It looks very uninviting and not ready to have anything planted there yet.

I felt the whole place had been turned upside down and now needed a bit of time just to settle.  I did not think that any of it made a very good picture.

On the way to the pond I say these new cashew leaves and shoots which look so fresh and gorgeous.  Presumably it is the rain that has brought them out in this beautiful colour which I know will change very quickly and be gone in a day or two.

Funny how I set out to get one picture but came back with something quite different that I saw at just the right moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment