Wednesday 9 October 2013

Relaxing spiral


I feel that something that was spiraled up tight inside me is starting to relax.  I think it is because I went out to lunch with Amy today.  She is the FAMC administrator and does a lot of the work for them that I do in the Farm group.  

She pointed out to me, however, that as she is not a member of the FAMC she doesn't get so emotionally involved with issues and doesn't worry about outcomes.  I think that is probably the key.  As a member of the Farm group I do worry about outcomes because I care about what happens.  In the end, however, the outcome is not under my control.  All I can do is help the group function as well as possible so that good decisions can be made.  

Unfortunately this means that if I am not careful I get a double whammy with having to write about difficult issues both before and after meetings and sometimes to present them to the community.  It is difficult not to get over involved.

Maybe I need more social activities like today's lunch with Amy that really raised my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment