Thursday 6 June 2013

Jewelry from the garden


During the last week we have had Ami (aged 4) coming with her parents to work with us.  As she has got more confident about being here she is getting more and more inventive with her playing.  Yesterday she made toy people with cashew fruit and flowers and today she made jewelry with weeds that were being taken out of the bassella bed.  Here she is with Gopinka, one of the Volunteers and I love the way it has captured Ami's concentration on what she is doing.

It was one of those times when I was lucky to catch the moment.  I was doing something else at the time, but seeing what I thought might make a good picture, I was able to drop everything and run to get my camera.  Fortunately they were still involved with the activity when I got back.  There are pictures everywhere and often it is a case of being in the right place at the right time.  

Which probably means I need to carry my camera around with me more....... being in the right place at the right time doesn't happen completely by accident.




















No comments:

Post a Comment