Sunday 16 June 2013

Whirled




This picture is of what happened when I went to see a friend last night.  She lives on the other side of Auroville close to the beach and by the time I arrived it was raining very hard.  I got out of the car and felt myself buffeted by wind and rain from all sides.  It was like getting caught in a mini typhoon which made me soaking wet and breathless.  

Yet there was something very joyful and energetic about it and by the time arrived, dripping wet I was feeling very invigorated.  I think the picture shows that despite all the buffeting I was pretty grounded and centred.

As I live further away from the beach I expected that the rain would not have been so intense by the time it reached Buddha Garden.  When I got back, however, I found that wind and rain had found their way into my rather open house, although the bed was dry and nothing was damaged.

I created this picture first thing this morning because the image was so strong.  The rest of the day I have been getting all my stuff together and packing for my trip.  Only a few jobs left, a short sleep and then off I go.

















No comments:

Post a Comment