Thursday 27 June 2013

Poster presentation


This is a picture that Bindu took of me doing my poster presentation for the conference on community living.  The posters were all put up in the upper foyer of the Universal Hall and I just had to hang around and talk to anyone who wanted to talk.

In the picture I am talking to a Lithuanian woman.  She told me what it was like to live under communism and how her mother and father daren't tell her what was really going on.  This was in case she inadvertently said the wrong thing and they came to the notice of the authorities.  Her parents were both teachers so were very worried about their jobs.  She also told me about all the queuing they had to do to get basic food and how now all the shops are full of stuff but people aren't necessarily any happier.

She said many people are wanting something more fulfilling and the Eco village network is part of that movement.



No comments:

Post a Comment