Wednesday 26 June 2013

Stones of experience


I don't know why I have chosen this picture for today.  I have done a lot and taken quite a lot of pictures as I went around Findhorn park this morning and to Pluscan abbey this afternoon.

This morning I visited the Nature park and the Sanctuary.  I loved the Nature park where they have a very small stone built space where they do a lot of singing.  It is in beautiful surroundings with a lawn, rockery and green roof.  I also had a very powerful experience in the Sanctuary where there is a very intense energy, which feels much more focused and intense than the energy in Matrimandir.

I the afternoon I went with a group to Pluscan abbey where we met the monks, heard them sing None, and then walked around the different parts of the abbey which included a very productive vegetable garden.  It was in a beautiful setting which was quite remote and with such a long history there was a sense of a very ancient energy there.  I loved it and I really enjoyed meeting the monks who were full of life and energy.

This picture of the stones seems to express what I have experienced today although I don't know why.   The picture comes from the Abbey wall so maybe it is the combination of something very ancient which is still there and performing a function.  Something older than human time connecting with now and the things that I am involved with for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment