Saturday 8 June 2013

My shoes are ready to go



I cleaned my shoes today ready to travel and as the picture shows - they are ready to go.  It was quite a job as I use the shoes for grass cutting because they protect my feet from the stones that get thrown up by the cutting machine.  The shoes get covered in a sort of green clag which has to be scrubbed very hard to get off.  As I scrubbed them I enjoyed thinking about all the things I had done in them, which as well as grass cutting includes splashing through mud and puddles in the monsoon.  At one point, when all my sandals had broken they were the only shoes I had, but they are a bit hot in the hot season despite the ventilation.

Once clean I thought they looked rather nice and they are very comfortable for flying and walking around cities.  I don't think they will be suitable for walking around Scottish bogs though so will have to think what I am going to do about that.  I will probably have to borrow some boots.

My shoes may be ready to go but am I?  I realise that despite wanting very much to see my family and the new grandson it is going to be quite a wrench to leave.






No comments:

Post a Comment