Saturday 12 April 2014

quietly in Quiet


I am writing this at the end of the first day of the course in Quiet. I have really enjoyed myself despite the problems with the electricity (non existent for most of the afternoon)and it being very hot and sweaty. I think this course is what I really needed as it is giving me tools for looking after my body better as I get older.

This is the view from my window in Quiet. There is now very little sand left on the beach so all the fishing boats are crowded in front of quiet. In an effort to keep as much sand as possible the village have built a sea wall that starts just to the left of the picture. The problem is that any action taken by an individual settlement to keep the sand on their beach makes it worse for everyone else further down the coast.


To solve the problem a cooperative approach is necessary, but in the absence of this you can't fault people trying to do what they can for themselves, even if it does make it worse for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment