Tuesday 11 February 2020

Goodbye Subash 20200202


Yesterday I heard that Subash had died.  I was surprised as I knew he wasn’t that well but apparently he died from Parkinsons.

I got to know him quite well when I first came to Auroville in New Creation.  He had just arrived as well and was teaching in the school where I was also teaching.  We’ve had intermittent contact since then but whenever we did meet it was always lovely.  I remember once he came into Buddha Garden and I looked around and everyone was smiling.  He had that sort of energy about him.

I didn’t go to the funeral (too many people) and hoped I’d be able to get into the burial place just after the ceremony.  But they don’t leave the gate open anymore and everything was locked up.  So I created this collage of pictures I took of the flowers left hanging on the gate.  Its my tribute to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment