Thursday 26 September 2013

Cashews all finished


Today we finished weeding, composting and then mulching all the cashew trees.  It seems to have taken ages - I don't know why - although I am very glad the job is completed because most of the volunteers will be leaving over the weekend.  Its also done well in time for the monsoon which we hope will come in about three weeks time.

I wanted to take a picture that was close to the tree and the sun shining through the leaves.  I went out at sunset but the sun wasn't quite strong enough to shine through the leaves and in any case went in about five minutes after I started taking photos.

The picture reminds me of all the hard work we did and the great sense of satisfaction I feel at the work being finished.  Its also nice to know that we won't have to do it again until this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment