Friday 6 September 2013

In the kitchen garden


We had our first evening session in the kitchen garden and there was a lovely atmosphere.  These two volunteers said they liked the quirkiness of it and that it was a much smaller place.

I have been feeling quite stressed by the fact that Pierre wants to expand the kitchen garden out towards the forest area.  I feel this area is rather out on a limb and very open to goats and cows although Pierre says that the fence would be good enough to keep them out.

What I find really difficult is that I feel we are only just managing to keep up with the work with what we have, even in the kitchen garden which is very overgrown.  I don't think we have the capacity to take on any more at the moment and I don't want to spread ourselves too thinly.  I would rather do a really good job on a small place than a not very good one on a much larger area.

We talked and discussed other options.  Fortunately Pierre does listen so we will have to wait and see what transpires.

No comments:

Post a Comment