Thursday 7 November 2013

Letting go of pressure


Last night I was having a dreadful time getting off to sleep.  Yesterday I had found out that I will be going to a difficult meeting once a week, representing the farm group.  When I did the job last time I found it very difficult indeed and ended up getting very burnt out.  

I was hoping that maybe I had learnt how to do it without making myself ill.  But last night I didn't think that was so. As I realised that having agreed to attend these meetings ideas about people and issues churned around in my head stopping me from sleeping.  I was quite despairing about the effect this was going to have on my health.

Then, out of the blue, I had a very strong image of my head being full of holes through which the pressure came out.  It was astounding how within thirty seconds of imagining this my body felt relaxed and very soon after that I was able to go to sleep.

Today the image is very much with me and every time I feel pressure inside me, I just imagine letting go of it through the holes in my head.  I am amazed at how it helps me relax very quickly and hope this is a long term solution for me to let go of pressure inside me.

I cannot get over how powerful this image is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment