Saturday 21 December 2013

David's cremation


My friend David died very suddenly last Wednesday and ever since then I have been focusing on that which I have found very challenging.  He died on the way to hospital and I have found myself involved with all the paperwork required to make sure that everything is done properly according to Indian and English law.  I have also had a difficult time with the person who lived in the same house as him who seemed to feel the way to get things done was just to steam roller ahead not thinking about the feelings of others.  To be fair she was very freaked out by it all - she had never seen a dead body before and had been very fond of David who she felt was like a surrogate father.

I have been speaking with his daughter in the UK who had to give me authorisation for all the paperwork as she couldn't come to India as she was pregnant.  It was so sad as she lost the baby yesterday.  I tried to protect her as much as I could, but it was very difficult.

At the cremation I had the most incredible experience as they covered his face.  Suddenly everything got incredibly light.  It was wonderful and a lovely gift for this day which is the winter equinox.

No comments:

Post a Comment