Tuesday 24 December 2013

Its Christmas!


I organised Christmas such a long time ago and as there is very little here to make me feel Christmassy it has crept up on me quite unawares.  I think the volunteers are determined to celebrate Christmas - one of them is organising all the food and I was amused when another volunteer asked me where he could find shrimps - these being needed for the meal.  Shrimps at Christmas? I think the chicken is going to be cooked in a pit and  I gather there is going to be a pumpkin pie as well, this being made by someone from South America.  

We will be working tomorrow morning but it looks like there will be a celebration later.

The picture is of all my Christmas things.  The beer was a lovely surprise from Vivek which I am enjoying as I write this. The present is from Sam - and Sam's Mum of course.  The red bananas I saw in a shop and bought them immediately as I really love them and I don't see them very often.  They are very expensive but I thought it would make a good Christmas present for myself.  I also got a nice new temporary crown as the original one disintegrated this morning at breakfast and the dentist managed to get a nice new shiny one by the time I went to see her at lunch time.  It feels very good and I am very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment