Friday 7 December 2012

Scorpion bit me!


This morning there was much drama after a scorpion bit me while I was moving some bricks around.  It bit me on the second finger of my left hand and was VERY painful.  It provoked quite a reaction from all the volunteers, from those who said I should go to the hospital immediately to those who said, no need for that and all I needed to do was go and lie down until the pain went away.

I phoned up the doctor who said I should go and get checked out as apparently it could disturb my heart rhythms and blood pressure.  While I was waiting for the taxi to take me to the Health Centre Morgane gave me some acupuncture and Pierre gave me some Reiki.

Morgane came with me to the doctor who wanted to give me one heart pill - even although my blood pressure was the same as usual and my heart rate wasn't any faster than usual.  That seemed ridiculous to me - one  pill! - and I felt he was probably just covering his behind.  We had the usual discussion about my borderline blood pressure and he told me that it was all due to age and there was nothing I could do about it and it could only get higher.  Great!!!!!  I was really glad that Morgane was there with me.

I have decided to ask Morgane to give me some regular acupuncture sessions to bring my blood pressure down.  She thought it was ridiculous to say that my blood pressure couldn't change without medication.  He obviously wants to increase the profits of the drug companies.

My finger is still extremely sore and its quite hard to type.  According to Rajan it will take twenty four hours before the pain goes away.  Lets see.




















No comments:

Post a Comment