Saturday 22 December 2012

Solstice fire


Last night the volunteers invited me to their fire and this image arose out of that.

I wanted to try and express the glow of the fire - there were flames but not big ones, and the fire glowed rather than burnt.  Although there were other people there, as I sat by the fire I felt alone, although not uncomfortably so.  

There was a wonderful feeling of mellow ease and of us all sitting together in that as well as the glow of the fire.

For me it is a very potent start to the new year.

As I created the image, for the first time I felt I was manipulating the software to get at the image I wanted.  It reminded me of the first time I started to paint and feel that what I was creating on the page was what I wanted to express.












No comments:

Post a Comment