Sunday 17 February 2013

Surprise sunset



We had a thunder storm today when it rained for about half an hour which is very unusual for this time of year.  Fortunately it didn't come overhead otherwise I would have been very worried about the wind turbine tower being struck by lightening.  I found out later that in Tindivanam, just down the road, there was so much rain that came down so quickly the traffic came to a standstill.  We got just the right amount to soak the soil.

I don't know whether it was because of the storm, but the sunset was amazing.  There was this beautiful light and very intense colours that changed as the sun set.  I was very lucky to get this picture which I took in Buddha Garden as soon as I got back from seeing a friend.  It made me realise that to get a good picture of a sunset you need to be in the right place where a lot of the sky can be seen.  In so many places in Auroville  there are too many trees to see enough of the sky to enjoy the sunrise or sunset.

Earlier in the day I was doing various jobs, one of which was to clean some brass for a sign outside my door.  Rajan told me that the right thing to use for this job was ash, but Amer said that it was better to go to the market to 'get some chemicals'.  Amer explained that when he was in the army they used to have very large brass buckles on their belts which needed a lot of polishing and according to him the chemicals did a wonderful job.

I tried the ash and was surprised at how good it was so decided to try and clean my Buddha.  In the past had tried various things like brasso, but it didn't really bring it to a good polish.  Again the ash worked really well and I think if I do it regularly I might eventually get it to the condition that it was in when I bought it.

I was so pleased with it that I took this picture.
















No comments:

Post a Comment