Thursday 19 June 2014

At the police station


I went with Rajan to Pondy today to do some shopping, sort out the non working dongle and visit the police station to get David's death certificate. Which I really need because I am going to the UK soon and want to take his ashes with me to give to his daughter.

We were in the police station for over an hour as they tried to find the relevant file. There was a pile of messy papers on the table (as in the picture) which I think symbolised the rather run down and somewhat chaotic vibe of the place. The errant file was finally found by the only woman there.


The policeman told me that I can get the relevant certificate from someone called Chitra at PIMS hospital where David's body was taken. I hope he is correct because previously I was told that the hospital could not issue the death certificate because he didn't actually die there. Lets hope she can do the certificate, otherwise I can see myself having to do a lot of leg work between the hospital and the police station.....

No comments:

Post a Comment