Saturday 14 June 2014

Baggage


Yesterday I had a visitor that took up quite a lot of my time. She was having difficulties with her land steward who had allocated a piece of land near her place for a college without asking her. Unfortunately she didn't find out until the land allocation procedure had been gone through and she had missed the time for objections.

She was doing what a lot of what I call 'Old School' Aurovilians (she had been in Auroville ever since it started) and especially ex ashram people tend to do. They go and tell their story to as many people as possible in the hopes that the people they talk to will see the rightness of their position and do something about it. What I notice also is that they rarely actually confront the situation either within themselves or the people concerned. As a consequence they have a huge amount of emotional baggage – I was amazed that this person was telling me about what she considered were wrong doings that happened over thirty years ago! Several times the story being told as if it happened yesterday.


I don't think there is much that I can do to help and I told her this. But it made me wonder how much baggage I carry around with me. I have told Vivek if he ever catches me acting like that then he has to tell me to stop immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment