Sunday 1 June 2014

My hurting hands


Over the last month I have been going to yoga classes three or four times a week. Gradually I have noticed that my body, and particularly my hands, are very sore. Yet as soon as I get up after the last asana the soreness completely disappears. It is very odd.

This picture is what my hands felt like when I started the yoga class last night. My hands felt red and swollen and the joints, in particular the thumb joints, felt very painful. It also felt as if there were little bolts of lightening coming out of my fingers.

Maybe it is because I have just been trying to 'do' too much. Or maybe doing too many things that don't make my heart sing. Or maybe allowing myself to get too downhearted about all the not so good things going on in the Farm group and Auroville at the present time. It could be any or all of those things.


My yoga classes have now finished for the summer so I will have to see what I can do on my own. I would like to continue standing on my head regularly and I think I should continue doing the Somatic exercises which are particularly good if you have pain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment