Friday 20 June 2014

Japanese breakfast



I had a ghastly night last night being unable to sleep for most of the night. A combination I think of having a tiring afternoon in Pondy, the hour or more spent sitting in the police station being particularly bad. Then when I got back I had a phone call from my youngest daughter telling me that she won't be there when I arrive in the UK. She has to go on an induction day in her new job, which means going up to Sheffield, and she won't be coming back to London before I go up to Manchester.

It seemed to affect me out of all proportion and I found I couldn't sleep thinking about it – which was ridiculous. I also felt very hot and uncomfortable.

When I woke up I felt quite dizzy although I am glad I went to work as I gradually started to feel better. I think everything may have been compounded by my being quite dehydrated. When I got up I was very thirsty and needed to drink a huge amount.


Sivakala didn't come this morning to make breakfast so one of the Japanese volunteers did so. It tasted really good and I realised that as well as being very thirsty I was also hungry. After this breakfast I felt a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment