Sunday 29 June 2014

David's ashes


This morning I took David's ashes and scattered some of them around Jalabhoumi. Given that the place seems to be coming alive with the birds and animals who come for the water and with the trees we are going to plant as soon as it starts raining, I thought it was the best place to do it. Walking around the edge of the pond I managed to fall over – its where the clay is extremely slippery – and got my knees and feet covered with mud.

Later I went and bought a bag at a shop in the Visitors Centre as I thought it would be easier than getting a box. I really love what this one looks and feels like and of course it is made in Auroville. It meant that I emptied the pot in which the ash has been kept in these last months – something else I have emptied in the last few days.


Tomorrow Rajan and I are going to go to the Villapuram government office to try and get a death certificate. If we are not able to do so then I have decided to take the ashes anyway with the papers that we have got. If its not enough – too bad – and they will have to deal with it. I feel I have done my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment