Saturday 24 November 2012

Dianna's delight


Today I have been very busy putting up all the Buddha Garden posters that I have been making over this last week or so.  The plastic ones are for use outside where it can get wet and explain all about different parts of the garden.  The paper ones on the notice board and provide general information about Buddha Garden.  One of the extra things I did was to make a little notice to go at the back of our recently acquired electric bike.

We call the bike 'Dianna's delight' because it used to belong to my friend Dianna who sadly died in June of this year.  She really loved the bike and often used to talk to me about how good it is how easy to ride and how I ought to have one.  The special thing for me is that it runs on electricity rather than petrol so fits in with our commitment to using renewable energy.  When Dianna was diagnosed with her last illness - a muscle wasting disease - , she had to go back to the UK.  Before she left Auroville she gave the bike to me saying that I could have it for Buddha Garden.

A few weeks ago, when Norman her husband came back to Auroville, we brought the bike to Buddha Garden.  I find it rather large and intimidating compared to my bicycle and have found it hard to ride.  Although I ride my bicycle a lot with this larger bike I don't feel properly in charge.  It feels like it has a mind of its own! Rajan, Vivek and Pierre have no such scruples and really love it.  I see them riding it with evident enjoyment which I feel brings a little of Dianna's energy into Buddha Garden.














No comments:

Post a Comment