Friday 30 November 2012

crazy chickens


I am so tired after a three and a half hour meeting this afternoon that I think if I hadn't committed to doing this blog every day, today would be one of the days when I wouldn't do it.

This morning one of the volunteers let all the chickens out of their pen.  For a while it was absolutely crazy with the dogs chasing after the birds and the people chasing after the dogs.  There were squawks and shouts and while everyone ran hither and thither.

I felt really, really upset especially when I realised that the dogs had killed one of the chicks and savaged another chicken so badly it had to be killed.  I have told the volunteers so often to be careful not to let the chickens out.  But one volunteer misunderstood what I said this morning and actually shooed them out of their pen into the garden!

We had to get rid of the dogs by putting them in the store room - quite a job in itself - and eventually the chickens came back to the gate of their pen and we could let them back in.  I could have done without all that kerfuffle.

I tried to draw the chickens but I just don't have the energy for the necessary focus to draw.  I tried to capture the energy I felt with colour and drawing but I don't think I was very successful.

Still, I did manage to do a picture.  Sometimes I just have to accept what I am able to do even if it isn't very good.  Maybe it will open the way for something better tomorrow.
















No comments:

Post a Comment