Thursday 8 November 2012

Just like Kew gardens!



At the moment we have a volunteer in Buddha Garden who is a whizz with the grass cutter.  Not only has he spent extra hours doing this work; he's also adjusted the machine so it works better.

With the recent rain the grass has grown to jungle proportions.  Indian grass in this climate being of the sort that knows how to make the best use of water and grows exceptionally fast once there is any rain.  We don't usually allow volunteers to use the grass cutting machine unless they are experienced in using one.  We find the machine has a tendency to break down when too many people use it, especially when they are inexperienced.  So during wet weather its generally hard to keep the grass looking tidy. 

With this extra help, however, we've even been able to cut around the guava trees as you can see in the picture.  It makes me laugh to see how much my English ideas as to what constitutes 'a garden' are still very much a part of me.  This picture reminds me a lot of how things look in Kew Gardens in London and I like what I see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment