Sunday 4 November 2012

Square doodle


This is a doodle I did on my iPad which expresses the exact opposite of what has been going on today.  I have had the usual visits from volunteers, phone calls and odd Sunday jobs that need to be done.  A lot of disparate things which together with all the other projects going on in Buddha Garden has made my day feel very bitty and disjointed.

Those squares are so defined and balanced and static.  When my situation is very dynamic with lots of probable changes on the way.  Is this my fear being expressed in these squares as I try to stem the tide of change?  

Intellectually I know it would be much better to jump in and ride the waves and enjoy the excitement.  Emotionally I can't feel the excitement although I am not aware of feeling fearful either.  Maybe I need to just watch what goes on and not get tied up in too much emotion or analysis.

Maybe I just need to enjoy the picture.  I certainly enjoyed doing it and felt a real sense of relaxation as I didn't think about what I was doing, just allowed it to appear on the screen as I moved the pen around.  In this case the joy of the picture was in the doing more than the final achievement. It was a moment when I felt everything come together in what was a very fragmented day.  A moment to savour.

No comments:

Post a Comment