Monday 26 November 2012

plans for a new house


Sunday November 25th

I spent a lot of today working with images.  I made a poster for our introductory course and started trying to make a plan of the new house we are going to build in Buddha Garden.  This is a new house for an Aurovilian which we are going to build near the kitchen garden and which Pierre will be the first to use.

I used the artwork software that I had on my iPad and this turned out much harder to use for this purpose than I imagined.  As the above rather wobbly sketch shows.

I found some different software for making engineering drawings which automatically straightens the lines and even calculates the measurements, but even this takes some practice to use.  It is obviously going to take some time for me to do this job properly and will not be something I can dash off in a few minutes.

Would paper and pen be easier?  I am rather tempted to go back to this but feel that although in the beginning it would be easier when it comes to doing all the calculations the new software is better.  So for the time being I will persevere with that and see how I get on.

Recently I have been surprised how much I have been working with images.  I am doing far more than I think, but because it is for work I don't think of it as 'art'.









No comments:

Post a Comment