Wednesday 28 November 2012

Wrong weather


Today I have felt very out of kilter.  I have had to travel around Auroville and it has felt like it was the wrong time of the year.  The sky is very blue and the sun is very bright and there is a breeze.

It should be the cool season and yet it isn't because we have two more weeks of the monsoon to go - officially it ends on December 15th.  Looking around I find it very hard to imagine there could be rain, and yet last year's cyclone came right at the end of December when we had already had some weeks of good weather.

So we could get more rain but it doesn't feel as if it is going to happen.  Maybe it was this that was making me feel so uncomfortable as much as it being the 'wrong' weather for the time of year.

The picture is one that a volunteer gave me last year.  It encapsulates very well the blue of the sky and the green of the trees and the sun shining.















No comments:

Post a Comment