Tuesday 20 November 2012

the end of the day


Recently with the change in the weather we have had some very colourful sunsets and sunrises.  Over the years I have tried to express what I saw, but it is very difficult either with a camera or other media to capture the essence of it.

The whole sky seems to glow red and the trees look very black by contrast.  If you look carefully it changes moment by moment as day gradually turns to night.  The fact of it being a transition period seems to enhance the richness of the colours.

This was the best I could do tonight.  I feel that having the picture on a screen rather than paper helped the sky to look more glowing, but the sky is never just one colour.  Although when I first look at it I always think it is.


























No comments:

Post a Comment