Monday 19 November 2012

Then and now



Over the weekend I did a lot of posters for our Buddha Garden notice boards and came across this picture of the first vegetable garden that we made.  We had just finished planting all the beds and after all the hard work and wondering whether I was ever going to finish I remember feeling very warm about it.

Today I took a picture of the same garden (which we now call the Souryan garden) from the same place. 



I feel it looks a lot less rickety than in the beginning!  What with the brick raised beds and climbing frames made with metal poles and wire.  We used bamboo poles in the beginning and they had to be changed every six months or so as they got attacked by termites.  Then they would lean over at the most alarming angles when the weight of the plants got to be too much.  The kitchen is now hidden by the neem tree which was about a metre high when the first picture was taken.

I still feel incredibly warm about this garden.  Its the first thing I see when I go out to work in the morning.  I feel it has absorbed a lot of my different energies over the years as well as being a superb teacher.  This is where I learnt to grow healthy food.































No comments:

Post a Comment