Saturday 24 May 2014

Packing up


I felt so pleased with myself today after giving the kitchen a good clean first thing this morning and at last packing up all the family papers that I am going to send to the UK. This is the box into which they have been put.

I started to wrap up the box and realised that I couldn't lift it because it was so heavy! If I couldn't lift it I thought the people at the Post Office might also have problems and Emma would need the car to go and fetch it at the other end. Rajan (who managed to pick it up with some difficulty) weighed it for me and it was 21kg. I then went to the Post Office, fortunately not taking the box with me, who told me that this weighed too much as the limit is 20kg and the parcel must not be more than 1 X 1 X 1 metres in size.


So there the papers still sit until I decide how to send them in smaller packages. I wonder if I should ask Emma to send me some of those plastic mail sacks that you can get in the UK. They are extremely tough and its what I used to send David's papers back to the UK. I think it will be really difficult to find boxes of the right size.

No comments:

Post a Comment