Wednesday 7 May 2014

Trying to connect


I am still experiencing a lot of problems with the internet. The WiMax has now been withdrawn and Rajan got me a Vodaphone dongle that worked really well for about 24 hours and ever since has been impossible. It is so slow that I have problems even loading web sites. I think it may have been something to do with the rainy weather but this morning nothing was working except the very limited internet that we have in the office.

The picture is of me with my dongle trying to connect up with a signal. This morning I tried the dongle in various places in my room, upstairs and downstairs in the office and it didn't work very well anywhere. Pierre has now brought me an extension cable that he thinks may help but we have to find somewhere where we can get a good signal first.

As usual I feel really miserable as I can't get on with my work (which relies on an internet connection) and I hate not being able to skype Emma and Sam. At the same time I feel very disconnected with other things - the Farm group and Auroville.


I think it is a general disconnection that I feel and that the internet problems are only one part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment