Saturday 17 May 2014

The rubbish at my feet


Last night I came to Sri Ma on the beach for another weekend away. I seem to have spent most of today either working or reading so really needed a walk on the beach in the evening when it is cooler to blow all the cobwebs away from my brain. Unlike a lot of the beaches on this part of the coast the sand is not disappearing and walking along the sand with the breeze and the sound of the sea is lovely. Until you look down and see all the rubbish that we people have thrown away and which has found its way onto the sand.


Daniele, who is running Sri Ma, says that he regularly goes and cleans up on the beach but of course there is always more from the wind and from the tides. Such a pity and I feel very overwhelmed at the scale of the problem and the seeming impossibility of doing anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment