Friday 30 May 2014

What is my work?


This is another of those pictures that I recently found that I painted in 2003 although they relate to how I was feeling when I first came to Auroville. I remember being quite confused by all the different work possibilities that were available, having a lot of people ask me to help them and not knowing what to do. In the end I decided to do what made my heart sing and that was what led me into farming and Buddha Garden.

'What is my work?' is a question that I am frequently asking myself these days after all the problems I have had with people in the Farm group. I still really enjoy the practical work in Buddha Garden although others have now, quite rightly, taken over some of the management and administration. I thought my work was to do more within the Farm group in terms of administration and representation, but without the support of the group I don't want to do it. I don't want to deal with a lot of hostility as well as the difficulties of actually doing the job.


So what is my work now? More of the same of what I am doing now in Buddha Garden? Or something different? Or somewhere else? It isn't clear at all. So I continue what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment