Sunday 19 October 2014

A lot more rain


It started raining in the night and rained solidly until just before lunch. I was so fed up sitting damply inside that I went out to see how the ponds were getting on and found that there was considerable flooding. I was worried that the banks of the front pond might give way.


Kireet, who made the ponds, came to see me and assured me that this was unlikely to happen. He has cunningly designed the landscaping so that extra water has a way of running off so it doesn't all go into the pond and put pressure on the banks. We also talked about how to make spill ways so that more water is kept in the pond that feeds this front pond. Making the spill ways sounds quite simple and we can do it when we have a lot of volunteers during the guest season.

It feels a very grey and soggy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment