Wednesday 1 October 2014

Driving too hard



Was meant to lead a tree planting session this afternoon but sat up rather suddenly after my nap which put me into dizzy mode and feeling very fragile.  I am sure it is because I have been driving myself too hard, especially after this morning which was full of extra jobs.  I think I was also rather dehydrated as I have been very thirsty all afternoon.  It has happened before and I take it as a sign to slow down.

Rajan very kindly led the afternoon work session and they managed to plant 12 date trees along the fence.  I went to have a look and got one of the volunteers to take this picture which I am going to send to Sam.  When Emma asks him 'what is Nanny doing' he answers 'Nanny is planting trees'! Now he can see what it looks like.

I have obviously got to stop pushing myself so hard.  This time it has been all about getting a certain amount of work done before the monsoon starts.  I think the problem is that I feel if I don't do things like lead extra sessions then the work won't get done.  I think that is partly true but now with Rajan helping in the mornings we are getting much more done generally so maybe one extra session will be all that is required.

I do love to do but must have time to be as well.  And driving myself until I come to a standstill is stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment