Wednesday 27 March 2013

Holi cow


This was a dream I had the night before last but have only now got around to drawing and thinking about.  The image I had was of a cow that was standing on a pedestal as if it were a statue - but it wasn't a statue because it blinked its eyes and swished its tail around.  Apart from that it was very still.  Then I saw a small cow (not a calf, an adult cow) and a man sucking on the cow's teats.  Both of them were sucking very hard indeed and both were standing very still like the cow.  I got the feeling that the cow was rooted to the pedestal because of the way the person and the cow were sucking so hard on its teats.

I have been wondering how people may be sucking on me and stopping me from moving forward.  I feel bad about a friend who has asked me, yet again, if he can borrow money which I think is very unlikely to be paid back.  He hasn't paid the last lot back yet and is unlikely to do so.  

Today is Holi, the spring festival which is all about life and movement.  And of course the cow is holy here in India.















No comments:

Post a Comment